Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fake hair FAIL! First Impressions/REVIEW: Secret Extensions

Check out my review of Secret Extensions! I've been wanting to try them ever since my computer was blowing up with all the ads. I had my suspicions... and now they are confirmed... it's not the greatest set of hair extensions to ever hit shelves. Find out why I don't love them in my video.



Pros:
--Inexpensive (although you get what you pay for... see Cons below).
--Easy for beginners-- all you do is put it on like a headband and pull your hair through.

Cons:
--Hair looks like fake "doll hair," which defeats the point of extensions. They are supposed to look like your own hair-- just more of it.
--Would NOT curl! When it finally did, it just kind of had a bend in it. That darn synthetic hair...
--Was not enough to really look natural. I thought Facebook ads were promoting a "buy one, get one free" deal for these-- that might be better, if you had double the amount than I got.

Conclusion: I paid $39.98 for these at Walmart, but I will be returning them. They were not worth that to me!

11 comments:

  1. omg-- I totally loved this review! Bad weave-- that wont even curl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So bad, Constance! I kept trying at the different heat levels, with not great results...

      Delete
  2. LOL! Too funny... people ask me all the time if my hair is a weave...I hope they don't think it looks like that!! Actually I have so much hair that sheds all the time, that I'd be happy to save it and sell it..if only there was an easy way to do that..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would buy your hair, Aubrey... goodness knows mine is so thin I need the help. :) You have a great problem, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I have totally thought about buying these before!! Thank you for doing this review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help!! Just want to save people $$$ if I can, LOL...

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! I like it.Thank you so much for share
    hotmail customer service

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just can't do fake hair. i can see it so easily - every time i do - i want to point and say (loudly) FAKE HAIR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I did pageants and so I started loving fake hair in my college days because of that! Then I wore them a lot in my on-air news days... so now I'm still a fan, but they need to be real human hair to look the most natural. These are NOT!

      Delete
  6. There are many reasons for excessive hair loss including medication, radiation, exposure to chemicals, hormonal and nutritional factors, thyroid disease, and skin disease. My cousin has worked for celebrities with fake hair and often tells me how important is to choose the right product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate how you state both the pros and cons of this product, as you give a very nice and descriptive review of these hair extensions. I recently has to cut off a ton of hair due to a chemical haircut, so I've been trying to look for ways to achieve the look of a full head of hair.

    Renee May @ Virgin Hair Fixx

    ReplyDelete